The ETF has a broad range of objectives that will improve communities. These are:
- To tackle environmental incivility (dog fouling, littering, fly tipping and general environmental dereliction).
- To improve neighbourhoods through environmental enhancement in both public and private spaces.
- Effective citizen engagement and communication that encourages citizen involvement.
- Identification and training of volunteers to work in conjunction with the Task Force.
- To deliver an effective and regular communication strategy at a ward level.
- Improvement of service delivery through coordinated arrangements at a ward level.
- Delivery of a training programme for unemployed Glaswegians.
- To work with schools on community clean ups and maintaining a green environment.
- Enhanced enforcement measures.